21 November 2012

Cosplaying For Beginners

 Well... I really hope this helps you. Really. Because, sharing is caring  too many people are coming to me to ask how to start cosplaying so from now on i will just throw this pokeball of information -take that hiya!- at them (⊙ω⊙) hurrrrrr /gets slapped/
  There are many videos on how to start cosplaying on YouTube so go look at some too 8D Cosplay is short form of "costume play". I myself personally think that effort is the most important 
when it comes to cosplaying. where is the love dude.ლ(O益Oლ) 
Plus, there is always drama on Facebook. So, it will be a wise 
decision to put in effort so people can't say anything *wink*
I also get freaked out, literally, when i see someone who doesn't 
put foundation and concealer when they have really bad skin 
/gomen/ Its like I am walking and i go, 
"ohh not bad"
Then the person turns around and I'm like
Just my personal experiences ;w;

To hell with experiences, I shall cut the crap.
People usually say the costume is the most important. But I would say LOVE is the most important. The costume part is really 
common sense. Remember this is a "how to cosplay" blogpost. 
So I am just gonna give you all the tips and tricks on how 
to start, no tutorials. So yes,
1. Love
2. Costume (+wig)
3. Make-up  
4. Feel & Posing
Easy Peasy. These are the 4 things you need to commit to. Follow this and no one should mess with you, unless you ask for it... 
Love
This is ZE most important point you must have. Don 't start cosplaying if you don't LOVE the character. Only cosplay characters that you LOVE. Don't do it for the popularity or because you like the character's costume/face. I don't understand people that cosplay a character that they don't know. Always watch the series before cosplaying the character. I am not going to explain why. Learn from Nike and JUST DO IT . Don't cosplay the character just because you want to be the first in Your country or The world. Trust me, it won't get you very far.

Costume (+wig)
 You can't get started without the costume. Cuz the costume is part or the play. 
I KNOW THAT WAS LAME OKAY
Try to get the most accurate costume you can find. If you can't, 
tailor it.

Make-up
I think this will be the most long winded part to this blogpost. But it would mean "life or death" okay.
/gets slapped/ In my "generation" of cosplay, people look at the make-up more than the costume now....
The basic things you must have in your collection is 
-Foundation
Anime characters have nice skin. So foundation will be your best friend. Its essential to pick the right shade for your foundation. Since MOST characters have light skin. 
Cuz, you have characters like Ahomine. Also a tip, if you are doing a dark skin character, get a darker bronzer.
-Concealer
This is really important if you have lots of imperfections. And Remember to get the right kind of concealer for your skin. I will go into the nitty gritty details in another blogpost for cosplay make-up.
-Eyeliner 
This is very important if you are doing female characters, since most of them have huge eyes that is not humanely possible to achieve in real life. So to make you look a bit more like the character, this is your best bet.
-Lip balm
Since lipstick/ lipgloss is really up to personal preference, when you do use this products, always use a lip balm before you apply anything on your lips. Cracking Lips don't look good in photos.
This 4 products are what i consider the MOST important products you should have. But there is of course, many other sub-components to cosplay make-up which i may or may not talk about next time. 

The last part, which is also very important.
Feel & Posing
You have sadistic, moe, tsundere, yandere, kuudere and many other kinds of characters out there. So always try to bring out the character properly. When watching the anime, you can screenshot scenes of the characters to use as reference to your posing. Google will be your good friend too :D

Now, when you have got these checked off your list, you're good ;)
All thats left is to enjoy what you are doing (=w=)b
I hope this helped you. Do comment if you have any questions, i will be happy to answer them for you :D Also rate this post so I know how you feel.  
take a look at my
<-- "do visit" 
Bye~

2 comments:

  1. BlackAura Chan2.9.15

    I SRIOUSLY LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH💖
    I'm so sorry that this blog has been dead for so long 😔😔

    ReplyDelete